Often, owners of smartphones on the Android platform have to reconfigure the gadget so that the downloaded software is installed on a memory card, and not on the built-in drive. On the Internet you can find a lot of options on how to do this, but not all of them deserve attention. Below are the top 4 ways to transfer your phone memory to a separate drive.
- a Link2SD
- 2 Storage configuration
- 3 Swap Storages
- 4 Transfer of standard software
The most popular method is the Link2SD program. The software makes it possible to switch saving downloaded files to microSD much easier and faster than in manual mode. Link2SD even lets you move programs that normally refuse to do so.
The order of use is simple: all software is listed in the main menu – you need to select the one you need, and in the window click the button to switch to the SD card.
Some gadgets provide the owner with the ability to choose the default card storage location.
You can do it in a few steps:
- In the settings, go to “Memory”.
- Find “Installation location” and select a memory card.
- It is better to choose the default card storage.
It won’t work with all phones, but you won’t have to spend a lot of time trying.
With this method, you can try to trick your smartphone, and it will start perceiving the memory card volume as its own. This is done in the file manager. Not all programs are able to display the necessary data – you need to select software. ES File Explorer is recommended, but you can also try another file explorer.
It’s more complicated than other methods, but if you do everything step by step, there will be no problem:
- We go to the file manager.
- At the root of the operating system, we are looking for the “etc” folder.
- Here is the “vold.fstab” file, it should be opened as text.
- In the writing, you should find two lines with “dev_mount”, without a hashtag. They contain the values: “sdcard/mnt/sdcard”, as well as “extsd/mnt/extsd”.
- You should change what is written to look like this: “sdcard/mnt/extsd” and “extsd/mnt/sdcard”.
- Now it is important to save the document and restart the gadget.
On some smartphones, the data after “mnt /” may look different, but that’s not so important – the main thing is to swap the values.
Transfer of standard software
Nobody canceled the traditional transfer, which was provided by the manufacturer for downloaded programs. You need to go to the settings and select the “Applications” item.
In the list, you need to click on the icon of a specific software and in the window that appears, touch the inscription “Move to SD card”. Not all software can be transferred using this method – system software and administrator programs will remain on the built-in media.