The wood heat exchanger is an efficient stove. It works almost smokeless thanks to the ventilation unit and is popular. The demand is explained not only by the efficiency of the work, but also by the regular strengthening of environmental and fire safety legislation. Today, a small smokeless stove can be made from improvised materials.
Features of the heat exchanger for summer cottages and garages
A feature of the pyrolysis furnace is the method of burning solid fuels. It allows you to get significant heat energy from a small amount of firewood. The economically advantageous property of the furnace is explained by the combustion of fuel in a small amount of oxygen with a large evolution of combustible gas.
Its advantage is the large amount of qualities that the stove has. It differs:
- good efficiency – from 85%;
- small formation of ash and soot when heated with wood;
- space heating in a short time;
- the ability to maintain long-term combustion on a fuel tab;
- regulation of heat release in the range from 30 to 100%;
- saving energy resources.
The pyrolysis oven is very popular in the store, but you can make it yourself by purchasing all the necessary components for assembly. This will significantly reduce costs.
How to make a smokeless heat exchanger with your own hands?
Be sure to consider the following range of functional elements: gasification chamber, afterburner, grate, primary and secondary air supply design.
Before making a smokeless heat exchanger, you need to take:
- plastic basket for vegetables and fruits;
- two buckets of sand, half a bucket of cement;
- two liters of cold water for mixing the cement mortar;
- film according to the size of a plastic basket and adhesive tape;
- foam for cutting shapes;
- tape and foam knife;
- 20 to 30 broken stones or bricks;
- purchased or welded metal grate of the oven compartment;
- an empty two-liter plastic bucket, for example, of paint, putty or other building mixture;
- soft wire, thin reinforcing mesh;
- 5-10 cut rebar;
- a long metal pipe purchased for the diameter of the future chimney.
Before starting the work, it is imperative to prepare foam moulds: one round for the dimension of the hearth (A), two rectangular for the dimension of the width of the box (B), two rectangular for the dimension of the length of the caisson (C), a circle for the diameter of the metal pipe (G).
To make a smokeless oven, follow these steps:
- Take a rectangular plastic basket. Place the film inside the box, arrange it in the corners, glue the edges with masking tape.
- Mix cement mortar with sand, cement powder and water.
- Cover the bottom of the basket with the first layer of mortar, lay the reinforcement grid.
- Place forms A, B in the center of the basket. Sprinkle with stones or broken bricks the first layer of the mixture. Close the stones or bricks with a second layer of cement, without overlapping the foam. Lay the twisted yarn in the shape of the basket.
- Place the firebox grate on top of the foam. Coat the inside of the basket with mortar, leaving the grid intact. Place the bucket in the center of the mold. Along the edges the length of the box. Place stones or bricks.
- Pour a new layer of mix around the bucket without touching the foam. Lay another layer of yarn. Put chopped reinforcing sticks, cover everything with a layer of cement.
- Lay the reinforcement grid, form D, pour everything with the last layer of cement, without touching the foam.
- Allow the cement mix to dry for two hours. Remove the bucket, remove the foam plastic with a knife, remove the frozen stove from the box.
- Insert the purchased metal pipe into the G-shaped compartment and cement its base. Use the stove for its intended purpose.
Accordingly, it is not difficult to make an efficient and reliable pyrolysis furnace yourself. The main thing is to follow the instructions. It is imperative to provide two fireboxes so that firewood is loaded into one for ignition, and ignition gas is released into the second.