Despite the primitive design, the motokosa mechanism may require adjustment as it is used. Sometimes it is necessary to adjust the throttle cable of the lawn mower. Tuning boils down to the fact that the cable fixing nuts must be tightened so that when the “initial gas” knob is fixed, the distance between the idle screw and the gas sector is 2-4 mm.
- Before you begin, you need to stimulate the silicone primer with your fingers to get fuel from the tank into the carburetor.
- The switch must be in the “ON” position.
- Then you need to transfer the throttle from the spindle to the initial mode – there is more idle and much less full throttle. The gazulka must be pressed to the end, and the pimple must be drowned.
- You can now release the key, when it should lock in the middle of the stroke, and not return to its previous position.
- The choke flag should be raised in the direction from the tank to the breakdown.
- The scythe should be leaned against the ground and, having made a few jerks with the starter handle, start the engine.
- When the lawnmower is started, the flag should be lowered – this way the device should warm up for about half a minute.
- Confidently holding the scythe in your hands, you need to fully press the accelerator – the button should bounce. After that, the key can be released. In this case, the braid will work in slow motion. If the idle speed is not stable, it can be increased by adjusting the screw. This must be done carefully – this is enough to achieve stable operation in idle mode.
- You must mow at maximum speed. This ensures complete cooling of the power unit. Gas not fully pressed and a raised flag reduce power, which can lead to overheating.
- To start an already heated lawn mower, it is unnecessary to perform all the described manipulations – it is enough to turn off the switch in the appropriate position and turn the starter.
Lawn mower throttle cable adjustment is simple and does not take much time. Absolutely anyone can do it, without the involvement of outside help.