While it’s faster to simply link a YouTube video to play in your PowerPoint presentation, the downside to this is that you need a direct internet connection to play the YouTube video. Rather than depending on that external variable, which may or may not work for you when you’re in the spotlight, it’s better to instead integrate YouTube video directly in a PowerPoint presentation. No internet connection required.
- Save the YouTube video to your computer
- Download a YouTube video for use in PowerPoint
- YouTube Download Wizard
- Copy the YouTube URL from the YouTube website.
- Final Steps to Download YouTube Video
- Convert YouTube video to Flash for use in PowerPoint
- Free Video to Flash Converter
- Convert YouTube Videos to Flash
- Next – Embed YouTube Flash Video in PowerPoint
Save the YouTube video to your computer
The process of inserting a YouTube video into a PowerPoint presentation consists of two steps. First, you need to download a YouTube video and then convert it to a Flash movie to use it in PowerPoint. This free tool does everything you need and more.
Download from dvdvideosoft.com. Select the following programs from the list.
Free YouTube Download
Free Video to Flash Converter
Install programs. A new shortcut will appear on your desktop called Free Studio Manager. This is a complete interface to the range of programs available on dvdvideosoft.com. You can also install any of these programs by simply clicking on the appropriate link.
Download a YouTube video for use in PowerPoint
Free Studio Manager
Start the Free Studio Manager program from the desktop shortcut or Start menu.
Choose an option YouTube at the top of the dialog box.
Click download youtube video .
Alternatively, you can select option 13 (YouTube Download) from the list of applications on the left navigation bar.
YouTube Download Wizard
The YouTube download wizard starts. You can click the link to check for software updates. Otherwise click the button Get on Get on.
Copy the YouTube URL from the YouTube website.
Minimize the YouTube download wizard for a while.
Open the YouTube site for the video you want to download.
Copy the URL (web address) of the YouTube video to your clipboard in preparation for the next step.
Final Steps to Download YouTube Video
1. Paste the YouTube video URL into the text field Enter the YouTube URL .
2. The path to the file and the default file name are entered in the text field Conclusion to: . If necessary, press the button Overview … to select another folder to save the YouTube video. Enter a new file name for the video if necessary.
The program automatically appends the .AVI extension to the file name. This is just one of the many file types that this program can handle. Other programs prefer the .FLV file extension and you can choose that if you prefer.
3. Press the button To download , Get on. The download speed depends on the size of the YouTube video. Once the download is complete, you will find the new video file in the folder you selected in the previous step.
Convert YouTube video to Flash for use in PowerPoint
After you save a YouTube video to your computer, it still isn’t in a format usable by PowerPoint. The same Free Studio Manager software package from dvdvideosoft.com converts the downloaded YouTube video into a SWF file, whose format is native to Adobe Flash. An added bonus is that Flash videos are relatively small.
Open Free Studio Manager if it isn’t already open.
Select option 7 from the application list − Video to Flash Converter .
Free Video to Flash Converter
After launching the free Video to Flash Converter, you will have the option to check the version for updates. If you don’t want to check for updates, click the button Get on .
Convert YouTube Videos to Flash
Convert to SWF file format
In the Free Video to Flash Converter dialog box, enter the following information:
1. Press the button Overview … next to the text field Video file input: and find the YouTube video file you downloaded earlier.
2. By default, the program fills in the text field Run video file , with the same file directory as above, and will append the common filename. Change to another folder if you want. Replace the file name with your own name if you want something other than the applied generic file name.
3. Use the “Formats” drop-down list and make sure SWF is selected as the file type. Appends the Adobe Flash File Format (SWF) file extension to the end of the file name you added in the previous step.
- Not necessary: Press on the button Crop video… to select the desired part of the YouTube video to convert if desired.
By default, this box is checked next to Show HTML sample file after conversion . This also saves the converted video as an HTML file and opens a browser window displaying the video. You can skip this step by unchecking the box.
4. Press the button transform .
The conversion time depends on the size of the original YouTube video.
5. Click output folder to find the SWF file, or click close to to end the session.
Далее - встроить флэш-видео YouTube в PowerPoint
Вставка Flash-фильмов в PowerPoint 2007
Вставка Flash-фильмов в PowerPoint (версии 2003 и более ранние)