In anticipation of the ignition of central heating, residents of apartment buildings are thinking about budgetary means of heating the premises. They are afraid of overpaying and are looking for reasonable solutions. For those who want to raise the room temperature by 5-10 degrees, an old can and an ordinary incandescent lamp will come in handy. This method can be used in the apartment, in the garage and in the country. Do not forget to stock up on powerful lamps and carefully read the instructions for making a heater.
Materials and tools required
To make a simple radiator you will need:
- an ordinary incandescent lamp (the higher its power, the better);
- a cartridge with a corresponding thread, with an electric wire and a plug;
- a metal container with holes that can be used instead of a ceiling;
- a small fan (you will have to remove it from an old computer or buy an analogue in a low-cost store).
Any suitable container can be used as a ceiling light: a tin can, a coffee can, an empty paint bucket and even an old aluminum bucket. If you have a tin box handy, you can use that too.
To drill holes in metal, you need to prepare a drill and a drill. To make a box yourself, you will need thin sheet metal, rivets, a jigsaw or metal scissors.
If you decide to make a super powerful heater, use several cartridge lamps. Connect the bulbs in series. In bulky designs, it is advisable to install 2-3 fans, otherwise the lamps will overheat and the device will not work.
Owners of workshops and garages suggest using a panel with light bulbs not only for lighting, but also for heating. Above the workbench in the garages they make a row of lamps and cover everything with a metal cap. To build such a structure, you will need:
- powerful incandescent lamps (10-15 pieces) connected in series;
- aluminum profile, usually used for installing drywall;
- a piece of tin or tinted metal for a roof or window.
The more bulbs, the more light and heat there will be in the room. The steeper the tide angle, the less light and heat will scatter.
How to DIY
A miniature heater is assembled according to the scheme:
- They take a tin can, wash it, dry it and drill holes in the bottom.
- They remove the ceiling light from the table lamp, change the lamp for a more powerful one.
- Instead of a cap, they put an inverted tin can.
After 20 minutes, the temperature in a small room will rise by 5-10 degrees.
If you have an empty paint can and a fan, do the following:
- Cut a hole in the center of the lid for the fan.
- Mount the fan on bolts, supply it with electricity.
- Inside the bucket, place 1-2 bulbs with cartridges, fix them in the center on the brackets.
- Light up the holes at the bottom so that the device not only warms up, but also shines.
- Place the device on a surface resistant to temperature fluctuations, turn on the lamps and the fan.
To illuminate and heat the garage, install the lamps on an aluminum profile, cut the ebb and screw it on it. Incandescent lamps will generate heat and this will be reflected from the cover downwards. If you put such a structure above a workbench, you can work on it in winter without gloves.
A heater with incandescent lamps will not save you from freezing at 20 degrees. However, at higher temperatures, it will work fine. Ordinary light bulbs placed in a box or in a box will certainly bring a slight “plus” to a comfortable value.