Replacing a gas boiler is an expensive procedure that is necessary if the previously used equipment has lost its efficiency.
The reasons for replacing the boiler
A malfunction of the device, a decrease in performance, non-compliance with the established requirements – all these reasons can lead to the replacement of the boiler.
The most common reasons for switching to gas equipment are:
- Damping of the boiler, decrease in its efficiency due to increased load.
- The need for modernization due to the addition of a circuit to the heating system.
- Purchase of modern, reliable and safe equipment.
- End of the operating period declared by the manufacturer.
Owners of gas equipment who have decided to replace should know that the installation of the boiler is possible only in non-residential premises with a door. Before proceeding with the installation work, it is necessary to prepare documentary support:
- Submit a request to the gas utility with a request to allow this action to be performed.
- Prepare a project for the replacement of the device, a building construction passport, an act on the condition of the ventilation ducts, a document confirming the boiler’s compliance with safety standards.
- Carry out all the work required to replace the device, start the boiler.
Features of replacing a gas boiler.
The basic rule that anyone who has decided to replace gas equipment should know is that the installation is carried out strictly on a pre-flushed system. If rinsing was carried out before dismantling the old boiler, it is necessary to:
- Disconnect it from communications – gas, water, heating.
- Empty the water.
- Disconnect the unit from the chimney and vent.
- Disassemble the device.
As soon as the site for installing the new equipment is ready, you can proceed to the procedure. First, markings are applied to the wall, in accordance with which the mounting plate is attached. If the boiler is installed on the ground, a solid foundation must be prepared. Particular attention should be paid to the thermal insulation of the walls if they are made of combustible material.
It would be useful to provide the system with several filters at once – mesh, separator – this is necessary in order to reduce the rate of contamination and clogging of equipment.
Before ensuring the gas supply to the boiler, it is important to ensure that the shut-off valves are accessible. When connecting to the power supply, it is recommended to use a stabilizer, ensure the grounding and check the polarity.
As a smoke exhaust system, you can use a coaxial chimney or a classic steel sandwich pipe.
After starting the boiler, it is necessary to make sure that all connections and components are tight.