- Learn how Office 365 enrollment works
- Discover different Office 365 plans
- Before you start
- Buy Office 365 Home subscription
- Install Office 365 Home
- Activate Office 365 Home
- Install Office 365 on another device
- Share your Office 365 Home subscription with others
Learn how Office 365 enrollment works
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription service that offers Office 2019 desktop apps (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) along with Office Online web apps. With an Office 365 subscription, Microsoft keeps your software up-to-date. As a bonus, you can install Office 365 on all your devices and share your subscription with your family members.
The instructions in this article apply to Office 365 Home for Windows PC. Other Office plans use a similar installation process.
Discover different Office 365 plans
Microsoft offers different subscription levels for Office 365. There are three levels designed for home users:
- Office 365 Home . This subscription can be shared by 6 users. Each user can install Office apps on all their devices and access 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Office 365 personal information . This subscription is for a single user and Office applications can be installed on all user devices. The user also has access to 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
- Office Home & Students 2019 . This is a one-time purchase of Office with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The Office apps can only be installed on one PC or Mac, and the version lacks OneDrive cloud storage.
Before you start
Sign up for a free Microsoft account before purchasing an Office 365 subscription. You need this account to sign in to Office 365 Online apps, to access OneDrive cloud storage, and to access your free Outlook.com email address.
If you don’t have a free Microsoft account, go to the Microsoft account webpage and select Sign in to Microsoft . Select the link on the login page Create one . Then follow the wizard to choose an email address, set a password and access the free Office Online apps.
Buy Office 365 Home subscription
Before you can install Office 365, you must purchase a subscription. When you purchase an Office 365 subscription, you must choose the version of Office you want, add it to your cart, and provide payment information.
To purchase Office 365 Home:
Open a web browser and go to Office.com.
Sign in to your Microsoft account.
After logging in, you will enter the Office portal. Here you can access the Office Online apps and manage your Office subscription.
Select Buy Office 365 .
Select Buy now for the desired Office subscription if you want to pay an annual subscription fee, or select Or buy for $9.99 per month if you want to pay a monthly subscription fee.
Want to test Office 365 before you buy? Select Try for free and sign up for a 30-day trial of Office 365.
View the information in the shopping cart and select Checking out .
Choose a payment type. Select credit or debit card , paypal or bank account .
Enter payment information.
Select Save .
Select Place an order .
Your order will be processed and you will receive a receipt for the transaction by email.
Install Office 365 Home
After purchasing an Office 365 subscription, install Office on your computer.
Use the computer where you want to install Office.
Go to the Office 365 portal page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
Select Install Office .
On a web page Office 365 Home select Install Office .
On screen Download and install Office 375 Home select to install .
Depending on the web browser you are using, you may be asked: walk or Save uploaded file. Select walk .
Office prepares everything and then installs the Office applications.
After the installation is complete, Office may ask you to enter your email address or phone number to receive a link to download the Office mobile apps.
Activate Office 365 Home
Activate your subscription after installing Office.
Open one of the Office applications. For example, open Word.
Enter your Microsoft email address and password.
On screen Select license agreement select Accept .
The Office application opens and you are ready to create Office documents and spreadsheets.
Install Office 365 on another device
Your Office subscription can be installed on any number of devices. After installing Office on your PC, install the mobile apps for your smartphone and tablet.
You can sign in to Office on up to five devices at the same time.
To install Office on another computer, use the computer you want to install Office on and sign in with your Microsoft account. Then on the Office portal page, select Install Office .
To install Office on a mobile device, use the smartphone or tablet on which you want to install Office. Then go to Google Play, Apple Store or Windows store and download apps.
Share your Office 365 Home subscription with others
If there are family members who use Office 365, they don’t need to buy a subscription. You can share your Office 365 Home subscription with up to five other people.
When you share an Office 365 subscription, everyone has access to:
- Applications . Latest version of Office apps for PC, Mac, tablets and smartphones.
- Cloud storage : 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
- Calling via Skype . Calls to mobile and landline (maximum 60 minutes per month).
- Outlook email : 50 GB for email storage.
To share an Office 365 Home subscription:
Sign in with the Microsoft account you used to set up Office 365.
On the page Office portal select Install Office .
Select tab General access .
Select Start sharing .
In a pop-up window Share office choose one of the following options:
- invitation by email . Sends a link in an email.
- Invite via link . Creates a link that can be copied and shared with a person via email, SMS or other means.
When your family member receives the link, they use that link to install Office on their PC.