- Manage your Gmail inbox by bulk selecting emails
- Select all emails in Gmail
- Shrink your email list
- What can you do with selected emails
Manage your Gmail inbox by bulk selecting emails
To make managing your inboxes easier, Gmail lets you select multiple emails at once and then move, archive, tag, or delete them as a group.
Select all emails in Gmail
To select any email in your Gmail inbox:
On the Gmail home page, click a folder inbox on the left side of the page.
Click the Home button at the top of your email list Select . This field selects all messages currently displayed; You can also click the little down arrow on the side of this button to bring up a menu that allows you to select specific types of emails from which to choose, such as Read, Unread, Flagged, Unflagged, None, and All .
Please note that for now you have only selected the messages that are currently displayed on the screen.
To select all emails, including those not currently displayed, view the top of the email list and click the link Choose them all [номер] conversations in your inbox . The number displayed is the total number of emails that will be selected.
Shrink your email list
Restricted emails that you want to select in bulk using search, labels or categories.
For example, clicking on a category such as “Promotions” will allow you to select and manage only emails in that category without affecting emails that are not considered promotions.
Similarly, click on a label you defined that appears in the left pane to view all emails assigned to that label.
As you search, you can also refine your search by determining which aspects of the emails to consider. At the end of the search field you will find a small downward arrow. Click on it to open options for more precise searches by field (such as “To”, “From”, and “Subject”) and the search strings to include (in the “Contains words” field), as well as search strings, which should be missing. from emails in the search results (in the field “Hasn’t”).
During the search, you can also specify that email results must contain attachments by checking the box next to “Attachments”, and those results will exclude all chat conversations by checking the “Do not include chats” box.
Finally, you can narrow your search by specifying a range of email sizes in bytes, kilobytes, or megabytes, and limit the email date (for example, within three days of a specific date).
Start by doing a search or selecting a label or category in Gmail.
Tick the main subject Select above the list of email messages. You can also click the down arrow next to this main checkbox and select from the menu Everything to select the emails you see on the screen. This step only selects the emails that are displayed on the screen.
Click the link at the top of your email list Choose them all [номер] conversations in [имя] . Here the number is the total number of emails and the name is the name of the category, tag or folder in which these emails are located.
What can you do with selected emails
Once you have selected your emails, you can:
- remove . Delete selected emails by clicking the button remove that looks like a garbage can.
- Archive: the icon for this button appears as a box with a small arrow on it. Archiving emails removes them from view in your Inbox without deleting them. This procedure will help you organize your email without deleting emails that you will need later. Once archived, the email will not appear in your inbox, but you can find it by searching or browsing the All Mail folder at the bottom of the left pane (you may need to click Lake ).> to expand this if you have a lot of shortcuts and folders).
- Report spam . This button uses a stop sign with an exclamation mark in the middle. When you use this feature, emails will be moved to your spam folder and future emails from these senders will likely bypass your inbox and go to your spam folder automatically.
- Move to . This button has a folder icon and allows you to move selected email messages to a folder or shortcut.
- labels . This button has an image tag. Allows you to assign labels to selected email addresses. You can select multiple labels by checking the boxes next to label names, and you can create new labels to assign to email addresses by clicking Create a new one on the menu.
Knob Lake offers several other options for your selected emails. These include:
Mark as read
Mark as unread
Mark as important
Mark as not important
Add to tasks
Filter posts like this
You can also have a button with the text Not “ [категория] ” if you have selected emails in a category such as Stocks. Clicking this button will remove the selected emails from that specific category and future emails of this kind will not be placed in that category when they arrive.
The Gmail app does not have a feature to easily select multiple emails. In the application, you have to select them all individually by clicking on the icon to the left of the email.