The updated version of Windows 11 has redesigned, updated the interface, improved the animation and now offers the ability to work remotely, open multiple offices and instantly switch from office to home. The new Windows is compatible with Android. Many users dream of upgrading to version 11. This article describes how to update the operating system.
How to Upgrade to Windows 11 for Free
Microsoft provides the update absolutely free. It is available to all owners of a Windows version 7, 8.1 or 10 licensed operating system. To use the service, all you need to do is transfer the license.
If you really want to upgrade, without waiting your turn, which experts say will drag on until 2022, you can use the following scheme:
- go to “Windows Update” by selecting “Settings”, in which there is an “Update and security” section;
- check for available updates;
- if it already exists, download and install;
- Once the download is complete, Windows will ask you to restart your computer.
If you still haven’t received a notification that an update is available, use the Windows 11 Setup Assistant. It can be downloaded from Microsoft’s official website.
The utility walks you through the process and tells you where to click. Once the update is complete, you should restart your computer and enjoy the new version of the operating system.
How to update on an unsupported computer
The main drawback of the new update is the preliminary launch of the utility and checking the system requirements of the computer.
Owners of old PCs and laptops can hardly boast of a 64-bit dual-core processor, 64 GB of memory and an expensive video card. For them, the official update method is not available and you will have to use workarounds.
The most common way to download an update on a weak device is:
- go to Microsoft official page and download Windows 11 Setup Assistant utility;
- wait for the download;
- open the context menu to install the “assistant” and select “properties”;
- open the “compatibility” tab in the “properties”, find the “compatibility mode”, check the box and select “Windows 7” from the available options; now the utility will start in compatibility mode with the old version of the operating system;
- click on the “apply” button;
- run the wizard.
There is another relatively legal way. It uses a specially designed jump check script. In some cases it works.
To download the update, follow the steps below:
- download the files from GitHub at https://github.com/AveYo/MediaCreationTool.bat, unzip;
- run the MediaCreationTool.bat file from the folder;
- select Windows 11 from the list;
- then you need to select Automatic configuration – automatic installation;
- Once the necessary files have been downloaded, the Windows installer will launch.
Most Windows users are outraged by the stringent requirements that Microsoft places on hardware. Owners of old computers do not know how to circumvent these requirements to update the operating system. That is why enthusiasts develop new scripts, constantly improve their inventions and publish them on the Internet.