Replacing the SIM card is usually the last thought that comes to mind when buying a new cell phone. Therefore, smartphone owners often face an unpleasant situation when the format of the old SIM card does not match the newly purchased gadget. However, it is not difficult to solve this problem. You just need to go to the nearest office of your mobile operator to change a standard or microsim card into a modern one. Well, a temporary solution may well be an independent conversion from a standard SIM card to nano format.
Is it possible to cut the SIM card
The pioneer of the nano format was the American company Apple, which in 2012 presented its next new product, the iPhone 5. The mini-SIM quickly gained popularity, and today almost all modern smartphones work with nano.
While manufacturers clearly “liked” the new format, users are not always ready to replace the usual card, on which important phone numbers are often stored. Moreover, no revolution, except a decrease in size, took place with the advent of namo-sim, since the chips of all three types of cards are able to communicate in any format.
Therefore, the craftsmen immediately found a way in which a standard SIM card turns into a modern nano-SIM in minutes by simply cutting off the excess plastic. This operation is not particularly difficult, but smartphone owners should understand that they act in this case at their own risk. At the same time, negative consequences will be minimized if users follow simple instructions.
How to cut a SIM card
First you need to prepare:
- standard or micro SIM card;
- double-sided tape (glue);
- printer to work;
- ruler with a pencil;
- the scissors;
Then we proceed as follows:
- We search the Internet for a life-size nano-sim model and print it on a printer. But it is better to use a SIM card of a new format, if, of course, it is available.
- We apply the template to the prepared board (from the side of the chip) and trace it with a hard pencil along the contour.
- We take scissors in our hands and carefully cut off the excess plastic.
- We lay the cut SIM card on a fine sandpaper with the reverse side to adjust the thickness of the part to the NANO format.
- Insert the nano-sim into the tray. Make final adjustments if necessary. Checking phone functionality.
Cutting a standard SIM card in NANO format is not difficult even at home. However, a better solution would be to visit your carrier, who will issue a nano-SIM with the old number and all saved data to the owner of the smartphone if he brings his passport, old SIM card and contract with him.