The Internet at home began to load unstable: the connection was interrupted, the signal was lost, the speed was low, the pages did not open. The most likely reason is a router error. Let’s see how to properly restore the stability of the device.
Should I restart the router
A router is a device for distributing the Internet wirelessly. The router has its own processor, the RAM.
With 24-hour operation, equipment can fail. This happens for several reasons:
- with continuous distribution, the Internet service provider may briefly interrupt the connection, change the IP address. In this case, the device may not manage the updated configurations on its own, cut off the connection to the network;
- software problems;
- the simultaneous connection of a large number of users negatively affects the operation of the device, and it begins to freeze.
All this negatively affects the performance of the device, and failures may occur in its operation, and the user will not be able to load web pages from it.
Turning the router off and back on will help resolve issues. After reconnecting to the network, it will update its settings, clear the overloaded memory and start distributing Wi-Fi without interruption.
You can do this in several ways:
- turn off with the “Power” button;
- disconnect the device from the mains for 10-15 seconds;
- use the computer to launch the router management program, select the restart option.
After power on, the network protocols will be updated, the router will start to work stably.
How often to restart
Restarting is recommended in case of problems with the wireless network, as well as in preventive measures to avoid the accumulation of a large number of errors in the memory of the device. Preferably at least once a week.
The reasons could be:
- drop in wireless connection speed;
- no network or signal.
Problems with the operation of the Internet should be immediately associated with the stable operation of the router. No need to immediately blame the provider, it may be enough to turn your router off and on again. A regular restart procedure will eliminate the occurrence of errors and ensure stable data transfer via Wi-Fi.