- Organize your messages on the web and mobile version of Yahoo Mail
- Sort messages in Yahoo Mail
- Sort messages in Yahoo Mail Basic
- Find a specific message in Yahoo Mail
- How to Sort Messages in Yahoo Mail App
Organize your messages on the web and mobile version of Yahoo Mail
By default, Yahoo Mail shows messages in your inbox sorted by date. However, you can also view your messages sorted by sender, subject, or other criteria.
The information in this article applies to web versions of Yahoo Mail and the Yahoo Mail app for iOS and Android.
Sort messages in Yahoo Mail
To sort a folder in Yahoo Mail:
Select Sort by date on the folder toolbar.
Select the desired sort order from the options that appear:
- unread messages will put unread emails at the top. Unread and read emails are sorted by date.
- Attachments put messages that contain files over files that don’t. Secondary sort order again by date.
- tagged contains emails marked with an asterisk at the top. Flagged and unflagged emails are sorted by date in descending order.
- Sender sorts by name (then by email) in the string By: .
- Subject sorts emails alphabetically (AZ) by subject.
Select group by to talk subject as a secondary sort criterion. parameters: Sender and Subject is grayed out when this option is selected.
When sorted by subject, Yahoo Mail ignores “Re:”, “Fwd:” and similar expressions at the beginning of the message subject lines.
Sort messages in Yahoo Mail Basic
How to Sort Emails in Yahoo Mail Basic:
Select field sort on and select the desired sorting criteria. The default is set date .
Select ascending order to sort or select AZ Descending order for sorting SA.
Select Apply .
Find a specific message in Yahoo Mail
If you’re looking for a specific email, you can also search for messages by a set of criteria, or Yahoo Mail will find all messages from a specific sender.
How to Sort Messages in Yahoo Mail App
While you can’t sort emails into separate folders yourself, you can sort all your messages in several ways. Click on the search bar to open a list of filters you can use to view the posts you want to see.