You probably know templates for Word and Publisher, but what about a kind of “mini template” called quick details or Build Blocks † You can find different kinds of pre-made document elements to mark your message, available in both Publisher and Word.
- Types of Quick Parts in Microsoft Word
- Office programs including quick parts
- Best Building Block Covers or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
- Best Building Blocks or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
- Best Text Blocks for Sidebar Quotes or Quick Details for Microsoft Word
- The best parts of the registration or reply page for Microsoft Publisher
- Best Page Number Blocks or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
- Best Watermark Blocks and Quick Details for Microsoft Word
- Best Table of Contents Page Parts for Microsoft Publisher or Word
- The best building blocks for headers, footers and quick details for Microsoft Word
- Best Products or Services “History” Page Parts for Microsoft Publisher
- Best Building Blocks Comparison or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
- Best Building Blocks for Tables or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
Types of Quick Parts in Microsoft Word
Select in Microsoft Word Insert † quick details † From there, you’ll see four main categories, so let’s take a look at those before we move on to my “best” slideshow:
- Auto-text † Save words or phrases to replace smaller commands; the idea is that you can enter an abbreviation or shortened version of a sentence and the program will automatically change them to full, long or sentence.
- Document property † Use these popular time-saving custom document elements, such as author, company information, or keywords.
- Field † Insert spaces for authors to enter, or an editable field such as page numbers, section numbers, total document edit time, and other properties.
- Building block organizer † If you have a frequently used snippet of a document, why recreate the wheel every time you want to include it in a new document, and then find another document to copy? Save this library instead; or use some of the ready-made document building block elements in this slideshow.
- Bonus † You’ll also find that you can save the document elements you’ve created in the Building Blocks Gallery, which really opens up new possibilities!
The following slideshow offers a selection of these categories that you may want to start with, but once you start looking for opportunities, it can change the way you approach document design.
Office programs including quick parts
Find these ready-made tools in Word and Publisher. Other programs, such as Excel and PowerPoint, may provide pre-built themes or document elements, but are not organized in a Building Blocks or Quick Parts library. It is important to note that Publisher refers to the pre-built document elements as “Page Parts”.
Best Building Block Covers or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
Adding a cover page to your file can add sparkle. You can find front page templates at File † New but you can also paste a design from the Building Blocks gallery into Word or Publisher.
Select in Word Insert † quick details † Building block organizer † Sort by gallery † title page †
Then find Motion as shown here, or other title pages that may be more appropriate for your file.
Select in Publisher Insert † Page parts and then find the section title pages †
Best Building Blocks or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
Quote text boxes like these are a fun way to highlight information from your document. Readers like to scan files for important ideas or special points of interest.
The ones we have chosen here are named as follows:
- paste quote: With modern linear accents, it draws attention to your point or stem.
- Quote from Austin: This option has a bold top and bottom border for highlighting.
- Filigree Quote: Your fashion message can be here! Find some nice options like this one.
Although the image here shows these examples in blue, you can change the color of the text and images. You can also change the font, borders, alignment, fill or image color, and other types of settings.
Best Text Blocks for Sidebar Quotes or Quick Details for Microsoft Word
Sidebar quotes are an even more impressive way to break up a document page and improve readability. Fortunately, they are made in Microsoft Word.
Select Insert † quick details † Building block organizer † Sort by gallery † Text quotes. From there, you can start with the ones we offer here, or find others with the look and feel you’re looking for.
- Sidebar movement † Dark design that contrasts with the main message of the document.
- Facet sidebar † This graphic quote is available for the right or left side of the document.
- Sidebar Viewmaster † This smaller version is one of many thinner ones.
In Publisher, look for similar options under Insert † Page parts.
The best parts of the registration or reply page for Microsoft Publisher
This is over wide registration form is just one of many you can find in Microsoft Publisher.
This part of the page can be found in the menu Insert †
As you browse through these projects, you’ll notice how much formatting has been done for you.
Adjust text and move elements. This is one of those quick design secrets that can make all the difference.
Best Page Number Blocks or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
You may already know how to insert preformatted page numbers, but here are some additional styles you may not have seen before.
To find them, select Insert † quick details † Building block organizer † Sort by gallery † page number ,
For example, in this figure we show the following numbering styles for quick parts:
- rounded rectangle † Use this modern page number as a color accent or change the design scheme to black and white. Either way, it can make the look of your document more interesting.
- Accent bar 1: † This is the page number style you can use for professional design.
- A circle: choose a bolder pagination style to make it even more convenient. This is a fun way to make your documents pop.
Again, these are just some of the options you can choose from in the Building Blocks gallery, so take a look to see what’s available.
Best Watermark Blocks and Quick Details for Microsoft Word
The watermarks can contain any message you want, but you can also use the pre-made designs available in the Microsoft Word Building Blocks Gallery.
Select Insert † quick details † Building block organizer and sort the Gallery column alphabetically to find all the watermark options.
Displays the “Urgent” diagonal watermark here. Other options are: as soon as possible, draft, preview, do not copy and confidential. You can find both horizontal and diagonal designs for each of these watermarked versions.
Best Table of Contents Page Parts for Microsoft Publisher or Word
You can find a pre-made table of contents in Microsoft Word or Publisher. This can be a big help, as longer documents already require a lot of work. The table of contents provides the best reading experience and with this trick, the process of creating a document can be great too.
So select in Microsoft Publisher Insert † Page parts then locate the Table of Contents category.
Look for sidebars like this to include in your brochure or full page layouts.
Similar options can also be found in Microsoft Word under Insert † quick details † Building blocks organizer. Then sort the Gallery column from A to Z. In the Table of Contents section, you’ll find some options that may be appropriate for your document’s design.
The best building blocks for headers, footers and quick details for Microsoft Word
Your header and footer communicate a lot of important information to others, from navigation to document properties. Learn about these Quick Part options to keep them looking and working their best.
For example, in this image, we’ll show you some of our favorites:
- Gesture head (odd page) † As you can guess, you can choose an odd or even version of this dynamic headline design.
- Viewmaster vertical footer † This footer is actually on the side! Pretty cool.
Both are bolder options, so keep in mind that you can find options that are more understated or streamlined.
That’s what makes these galleries so useful – you can pick the one that fits a particular post.
Select in Microsoft Word Insert † quick details † Building block organizer and then sort by gallery to choose from header or footer options.
Select in Microsoft Publisher Insert † Page parts and then look for options in the Title section.
Best Products or Services “History” Page Parts for Microsoft Publisher
Let Microsoft Publisher help you tell the story of your product or service using Page Parts.
Professionals turn to Microsoft Publisher, among others, for a range of marketing documents. It makes sense that this program has already created some document components for you.
The Story Gallery provides out-of-the-box tools that engage people with what you have to offer and delve deeper into the details.
Insert † Page parts † Stories † In the example shown here, we chose one of several Flourish designs. Find one that suits you!
Best Building Blocks Comparison or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
Math enthusiasts have many tools to write complex notes in Microsoft Word.
Select Insert † quick details † Building blocks organizer. From here, sort the Gallery column alphabetically to find all available equations.
In this example we show Trig Identity 1.
Other options include equations such as the Fourier series, Pythagorean theorem, area of a circle, binomial theorem, Taylor expansion, and others.
Best Building Blocks for Tables or Quick Parts for Microsoft Word
Select Insert † quick details † Building blocks organizer † Sort by gallery †
Here’s a generic sidebar calendar style that you can customize for your document or project (search for Calendar 4).
Other options include Tabular, Matrix and other table styles.
If your document has many tables, you may need to look at page breaks and section breaks.